I was absolutely thrilled to work with Digivizer and Microsoft recently to create a little video showcasing our new range for Sienna Baby showing how I hustle and juggle on the go.
I get asked a lot, how do you fit it all in? I juggle 2 beautiful kids, 2 exciting businesses and lots of friendships, projects and exciting things inbetween… I travel, I play, I meditate, I do keynote speaking, I write, I consult, I read, I paint, I take my kids to the park and on wondrous adventures, I watch movies and hang out with friends and family. How can 1 small person fit it all in?
My journey has been tricky and fabulous and I’d love to share some of my tips. I’ve been experimenting with technology, flexibility and productivity for the past 10 years, it started when I was working in recruitment. Recruitment is a sales driven industry, placements = $, you’re managed with sales targets and I got to a point where I was able to manage my pipeline and my time to ensure I was meeting my targets but making time for myself but it wasn’t without stress. My burning platform for change or inspiration has always been my health. I have long suffered from anxiety and have to keep a close eye on my stress levels, I have wound up in hospital 3 times for neurological incidents, the last time was a suspected transient ischemic attack (mini stroke), so taking care of my health and keeping an eye on stress are important motivators for me when juggling it all.
Over the years, I have evolved my work style (and my thinking), books like Tim Ferriss’s “The Four hour work week”, “Flow”, “Thrive”, “Start up your life”, “The personal MBA”, “Finding the next Steve Jobs”, “Sapiens”, “Brain rules” and more – reading scientific journals weekly and attenting a variety of seemingly disparate events also keeps my creativity and my brain full and bursting with energy and ideas.
Here is my top 10 for hacking your productivity to unleash your most wondrous life…
- I constantly look for ways to refine and improve process.
- I’m a Design Thinker and use this skillset to creatively problem solve on the go.
- I leverage technology to hack my productivity.
- I prioritise and reprioritise every day.
- I do things that bring me energy (I hack the desert stomach of my productivity to unleash energy and excitement for other projects).
- I sequence like tasks
- I have a work wife…. yep, I outsource my to-do list so I can spend more time with my kids – (you can have one too – https://www.eslifestyle.com.au/plans/)
- I make sure I get sleep, when I sleep, I’m unstoppable.
- I honour the flow, when it isn’t working I switch up the task.
- I meditate before I do things I loathe, this means I can hack my mindset and squeeze the life out of my prefrontal cortex.
Want to learn more? I’m hosting a masterclass for Collective Hub 101 in September, come and learn the 101 on productivity –
In this class, you’ll discover how to tackle your productivity pain points by understanding the psychology behind procrastination (the Why) and the art of adopting mindfulness methods to turn procrastination into productivity (the how).
I will teach you how to create goals and to-do lists that you can actually complete, tips and tricks, tools and technologies to keep your productivity on point, and mindfulness exercises you can practise long after the class is over.
– Identifying your current approach to time management
– Develop a personal time-management system and action plan
– Learn best practices in organising work and LIFE
– Identify productivity bottlenecks and the cause of time-management issues through environmental mapping
– Practice proven goalsetting techniques that target the short-, medium-, and long-term
– Manage priorities to maximise your return on investment of time – focus on the activities that give you the greatest returns
This Masterclass is for:
- This course is open to all people looking to improve their productivity and task-management effectiveness in the workplace.
- If you have ever struggled to combat procrastination and tried to be more productive
- If you have ever said to yourself, “How will I ever get all of this done?”
- If you want to become more productive in the work that you have set out to accomplish
- Let’s make those dreams become a reality! Boost your productivity and get more sh*t done so you can have more time to do what you love.